Sunday 7 October 2007

ZSphere Modelling: Octopus

So I started out to make a full figure of a man, but I stumbled upon the symmetry options and suddenly there were tentacles everywhere....

Below; the internal ZSphere armature used to construct or 'block in', the model.









Again, I modelled this with no reference, so it will probably be anatomically incorrect. I just intuitively worked at it to find the right 'feel'.

Best work is done using plenty of reference, these early pieces are nothing but experimental shapes.






The suckers on the tentacles do not have enough geometry to shape them as I would like, so I just drew circles to indicate their position.





The foundations of this model (the topology created by the original ZSphere armature) were not considered to any degree of depth. So the geometry of the model could not be used for animation. I consider these first models 'sketches' rather than final sculpts. They are also just exported 'screenshots' not true renders.





No comments: