Tuesday 12 February 2008

Sculpting Digital Characters - Week 06

I've been slow with this recently.
I kinda hit a wall with week five. The making of UV maps and building the Minotroll's mech arm is proving to be a whole new ball game. In a nutshell I need to learn Maya. I so far have used 3ds max (I say 'used' but I mean opened, got frustrated and closed again) as an external 3D application.
All the advice I have been given and research I have done points to using Maya as THE 3D app. It is the industry standard for production and if Maya cannot do it... it is unlikely that any other app can.
So my next track of learning will be to grasp the fundamentals of Maya, and eventually get those elusive UV maps nailed down.
As far as my course goes I have sidestepped the UV process and began to colour the beast within ZBrush. Here's where I'm at so far...




















and some quick teeth I knocked up (not very detailed but... they should do the job)

No comments: