Sunday 16 December 2007

Sculpting Digital Characters - Week 03: Foundation

Week Three: The sculpt, knowledge is power.

Resources, seeing is believing. So why don't we have more of it?
Foundation is king!
Sculpting form vs. details
Dynamic Levels of Resolution
Layers and morphs, why are they your best friends
Polygroups, Uv regions - how can these help me?
Broken models, why they happen and how to fix them
Masks how they work and why you'll use them often
Using the canvas as a sculpting medium.
Assignment: Sculpt character form based on design you've created.


Here is the first pass over of sculpting the form of my character. Doing this I learned that I should have modelled the forearms with the palms forward. The way I modelled it here was difficult as the rotation of the wrists causes the muscle flow harder to follow. The fingers and legs are still to be finished.

No comments: