Saturday 25 April 2009

Whatever happened to my Website?

For a while I have wanted more than the basic blog that blogger offered. I wanted more of a website, with my own URL a nice image gallery to hang my portfolio, something more professional looking. So after months of toying with WordPress and MrSite. I even considered spending the couple of thousand pounds for the' pro's' to build me a site, but finally i believe I've found a contender to replace this blogger.

   http://www.squarespace.com/ 

It aint free, and at $14 per month it's steep compared to the freeness of blogger.  But I like it.

I like fiddling, tweaking, having control. I'm a hands on, visual person - not a programmer - so html and stuff is basically out of the question. I have neither the time or inclination. But this squarespace - it's Good.

I'm enjoying playing with this new site, tweaking it, getting it ready.... I've imported this blog over and got a few pages in place. Still loads to add but she's up and running so you get to watch it develop over the next couple of weeks.


Shall I commit to the monthly fee after the 14 day trial? we shall see....

Go check it out: http://digitalwax.squarespace.com/ - and gimme some feedback - it's needed - I'm on my own out here!







No comments: