Friday 14 November 2008

I’m Back!

Wahey – a new post!

 

Thought I should get back into this blogging malarky as I’ve been hiding for last four months. I started this blog to document my journey into digital sculpture but many other things have taken my time over the year and the digital side of my work and learning ground somewhat to a halt.

So what have I been doing?

I went to see Radiohead in Glasgow, then again in Amsterdam. I went to Paris with my better half, drank wine and collected conkers! I designed a range of Cats for ENESCO (which ended up ‘too cartoony’) I was offered a contract at a Games Company but had too much other work on to take up the offer (doh!) I have been perpetually busy translating Pete Underhill’s Bad Taste Bears from sketch to 3D and any other spare moments I have used to sample the delights of Yo Sushi!’s culinary conveyor belt.

 

Anyway, check this beauty out…

 

La Maine Des Maitres (The Hand of Master)

Mixing Mucha, Mamoru Oshii and Katsuhiro Otomo into a steampunked short - a majestic achievement of design, atmosphere and lighting. I love it.

The French keep delivery the most interesting Animations (and this a student film!!!), I pray these guys are working on a full length movie.

 

 

Check out the Original website here:

http://www.lamaindesmaitres.com/

an interview here for anyone who can read Francais otherwise happy translating :

http://www.3dvf.com/modules/publish/_2138_1.html

 

 

No comments: