Wednesday 12 March 2008

DINOSAURS

I have a child-like obsession with dinosaurs and prehistoric mammals just now. Ignited anew by my research into Human Anatomy and also Comparative Anatomy; the function and evolution of the Vertebrates. The Evolution of the planet and it's life forms, sitting in the vast cold space of the Universe is the most humbling and fascinating subject.

Any how... I plan to make a couple of Dinosaurs to roam around my desk here (watch this space) so I ordered some Schleich dinosaurs to play with, errr... I mean for reference, along with a couple of books including the utterly absorbing: Illustrated Encyclopedia of Dinosaurs.

This Month's Imagine FX (issue 29 April 08), and 3d World magazine (issue 102 April 08) both have great Dino features including tutorials from Weta artists Greg Broadmore and Steve Lambert and an article on Dinotopia creator James Gurney....





http://www.imaginefx.com/



http://www.3dworldmag.com/





I went on a hunt around the internet to gather some reference and discovered some cool dinosaurs on YouTube.... check this workshop for the Waking with Dinosaurs Live experience...







And a clip from the ludicrously grand TV show Walking with Dinosaurs...






No comments: